Monday, April 27, 2009

Pictures from my party!

This is what Steve gave me for my birthday. It is a shadow box of things of my grandpa's who I love dearly. It is his graduation picture from the University of Utah (a fellow Ute), a picture of my grandma and grandpa, a neurology textbook of his from medical school, his stethoscope, his clippers that he always carried around with him, his dog's tag for Duke, a German Shepard that my grandma gave to him one year and his business card that has a phone number and says, "call day or nite" like any doctor would do that now. It meant so much to me for many reasons. First, I LOVED and ADORED my grandpa and knew he loved me. Second, Steve worked so hard on this. He didn't just go to a store a buy a gift card, he put a lot of time and effort into this gift and it is the best ever. Third, I can't believe my mom parted with these things that she holds so dear and gave them to me.





Isn't the cake so pretty? Steve ordered this from a bakery in town by his office. It was HUGE and served at least 40 people who were at the party. We weren't sure how to cut it but luckily, my friend Shelly did. It is when you cut out a circle in the middle, cut slices around the outside and then cut slices in the middle-like a wedding cake. It was a white cake with fudge filling in the middle-so good! We had a great time at the party, kids running around, girls dressing up singing high school musical, men watching the basketball game, ladies chatting-it was my kind of party!

2 comments:

Ally said...

what a beautiful cake! steve wins the prize. but the first picture of the box isnt showing up.

buffymom 3 said...

I love the shadow box!! And the cake really is beautiful. Way to go Steve. He loves you, he really, really loves you.