Thursday, April 2, 2009

Steve's New Calling...

Steve received a new calling a couple weeks ago. He is the stake excecutive secretary. At first, I worried about him because he looked like he was ready to throw up. I worried about how he would do with the added meetings and I know he does not consider himself to be very organized but I think he does well in whatever he takes on.
Then I started to wonder what this would mean for our family and well...me. I mean, I have been so spoiled to have Steve home on Sundays since he served in a bishopbric while we were at school. Then it turned into he kind of took over Sundays because I would have early morning meetings and would be wiped out after Primary. The Sunday before he was called, I was rushing around putting some finishing touches on a lesson and Chasie came to me because his button had fallen off his shirt and I told him to go to Dad and ask him to sew it on. Chase was amazed and kept saying, "I can't believe my Dad can sew!" I said, "Of course he can, he can do anything!"
The thing is, when we told the kids on Saturday night, they felt the same way. McKay asked, "who is going to iron my clothes for Sunday" YES-Steve irons the clothes! He likes his shirts ironed the way his grandma did it and so he irons his clothes and the kids clothes and then usually asks if I need anything ironed...I know, I know-I am so spoiled!
Then the kids asked, "who is going to make us Sunday breakfast?" Yes, Steve usually makes a big Sunday breakfast and I almost hate to say this, but two years ago, when we had the later church, Hollie, Maren and Steve would give me breakfast in bed-almost every Sunday!!!!!
and when I served as Primary President, I don't know if I should admit this but Steve would make dinner too! I am feeling like such a clod now but it started when I would go to my early morning meetings and I would put the roast out the night before and tell him to put it in the crockpot in the morning before church and he would season it in the most divine way and so....he just started doing it.
So, this calling is really a life change because I have to STEP IT UP on Sundays! I want you all to know that I've ironed the clothes for Sunday, I have made homemade sweet rolls and sweet Hollie made blueberry muffins for the Sunday breakfasts so far and we have dinner waiting on the table when he walks through the door on Sunday night. (Not like I don't do that everyday anyway) but I worry if he hasn't eaten all day and so I am ready to feed him when he gets home
AND we have been 10 minutes early to church since he has been called! Now that is truly a miracle!

No comments: