Saturday, April 25, 2009

Turned 40 and got in a fender bender...will this be a pattern for now on?

Yep, today is my 40th birthday. People keep asking me how I feel etc and I tell them-I feel 27! If anyone asks me how old I am, my first inclination is to say, "27"-I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
and Yep, I got in a fender bender today. I was backing up after dropping Kennedy off (the baby that I watch) to her mother. I was parked in the Ripon El parking lot that is attatched to Ripon High and I backed into a pole and scratched poor Rosie (our car, I think most of you know we name our cars). Poor Chasie was "hugging" Rosie all the way home, whispering to her that she would be ok. It is better than it sounded but it is probably a costly to repair; scratches on the back right side and a little damage to the bottom of the light. I waited and the guy on the golf cart came by and I gave him my name, phone number and he took my license number. I asked him if we should call the police and he said no, that the pole had a hook and it got riped out and the screws need to be replaced. I told him to call me and let me know the cost of it.
He then asked, "so, how did you run into it" and I said, "I backed into it-what do you think, that I just ran into it head on?" Like duh-how bad of a driver do you think I am? I can see things in front of me-just not in back of me! Cynthia, Kennedy's mom was saying "you know her car got the worst of it and you should really make those poles more rubberized!" Then she felt guilty that I dropped her daughter off and it somehow was her fault and on my birthday. I left her saying,"Don't you feel any guilt about this!!!!!!" The guy did say that the JROTC advisor did run into head on-you think they would get a clue! (Of course, it is there fault, not mine!:))

After picking up all the kids, I took a nap, got Steve and McKay off to their campout, went and got my traditional birthday pedicure and then the kids and I had dinner and went to the High School's musical revue of Disney songs. It was great! We had a good time and a great day over all!

2 comments:

alison said...

well, I guess something needs to make your birthday a little spicy! Happy 40th!

b.liz said...

Yikes...sorry to hear about the little bump. It could have been much worse (trust me). I'm the WORST backer-upper in the whole world! In fact I almost ran down a poor little lady backing out of your steep driveway. Maybe it's YOUR fault!!! HA!

Happy birthday, Celeste!