Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rexburg Revisited

I am in Rexburg, Idaho at this very moment and I am very cold!!!!! My sister Ally keeps telling me that it isn't that cold because it is raining and I let her know that this is like my winters in California-am I a wimp now or what?
Had a great time in Kaysville, UT yesterday with my dear friend Areta. She picked me up at the airport at 9:30 AM and we just played all day. We went to Keva juice and had a smoothie and then we went to her house and she cut and colored my hair, went out to lunch at my favorite, Rumbi Island Grill. She had an "activity day" thing that night and got to see a lot of friends from my old ward and then a bunch of us went out for a girl's night out to Kayville theatre-it was great. My kids are really thriving in California and I am glad we are there but sometimes, I really miss living in Kaysville.
Sweet Areta drove me to Rexburg this morning and we talked the whole way and were so deep in our coversation, that we missed the turn off at Idaho Falls to get to Rexburg! We made it though and I was so glad to see Ally and hold cute Brooke. She is so cute and small!
Steve and kids are hanging in there. Steve made the comment, "it is really hard to get all the kids to where they need to be" YEP, it sure is and that is why I am enjoying these next few days "off". I only need to chase my 2 year old nephew, Hunter around -I am exhausted already and we finally put in Winne the Pooh-he is all boy and so cute and so fun!

3 comments:

Kakie said...

u get a work out don't you when you chase hunter around. I miss you. I am glad that you are having a fun time.

HollisterHollie said...

mom we miss you!!! but im glad ur taking a break u need one! love u tons!

The Burila Bunch said...

I love Rumbii too. I think we should open a francise in Manteca!! It will make it seem like home (Utah) well, at least we will have somewhere good to eat. Give Ally a hug for me. See ya in Ripon in a few weeks! Enjoy your time away. I'm gonna take a longggggggg trip by myself after we move.