Thursday, May 7, 2009

Too Precious!


Here is my niece, Brooke Allyson Adams who is two weeks old. Her brother Hunter calls her "agok". I take the Salt Lake Shuttle express back to Utah this afternoon. Steve and the kids are traveling to Utah today and I am so excited to see them tonight! I have so missed them. I missed Chasie's first t-ball game yesterday. Steve said he would hit the ball and then run to third base instead of first! I can't believe I missed that! He even wore underwear! (if you don't know about McKay not wearing underwear to his first game, ask me to tell it to you-it is a classic!)
I am glad that I have been able to come here though. Ally and Brad took Brooke into the emergency room on Tuesday night because she had caught a cold and was having a hard time breathing. She was running a temperature and the doctor's took a chest x-ray to make sure that she didn't have pneumonia which she didn't but we watched her closely yesterday and she ran a fever all morning and just looked "sick". I had the challenge of sucking the snot out of her nose which I am pretty good at from when Kaitlyn had RSV so young. Glad I can be of use!
I cannot believe how much Rexburg has changed-especially Ricks. On Tuesday night I went to pick up some girl's from my ward to take them to dinner and they told me they lived across from the girl's dorm. I knew where the dorms are-hello I lived in them for two years! But, as I drove there, I could not go up the road that I thought I could. It is all blocked off, filled with new buildings and I had to go around, pass more new buildings until I could finally head up the hill to get to the girl's apartments. We went to Applebee's-yes, Rexburg now has an Applebee's and then out to Wal mart so they could get some things-yes, it has a Wal Mart too! It is so weird to see all the young married couples too. They even have school married housing! So weird, because it has changed so much, but the Spirit of the school is the same-wonderful!

No comments: