Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chase vs. Chase Manhattan Bank

I should be writing my final papers right now-one comparing and contrasting different pyschologist theories that develop personalities and another one on disordered eating BUT I have to share with you all about an incident with our Chasie boy.

The other night after a great New Beginnings program for Young Womens, we stopped at our beloved Washington Mutual Bank that is being switched to a Chase bank. Chasie and Maren were with us because McKay, our resident baby sitter as of late, is at science camp this week. We pull into the parking lot and see that they have gutted the place and workers are trying to set up for the new bank. I turn to Steve and say, "I hate Chase, I miss WaMu." Steve said, "yep, it might be time to change banks." and he gets out to go to the ATM.
Chasie says to me, "Mom, I heard you" and I just kind of say, "Oh, ok" because I was sooo brain dead from getting up so early to go running that morning and I don't think anything of it. Then, he said,"I heard what you said" and it finally clicks and said, "Oh, Chasie did you think I was talking about you?" He thought that when I said, "I hate Chase" he thought I was talking about him! It broke my heart! I said, "Chase, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the bank that is now going to be called Chase Manhattan Bank or JP Morgan Chase bank" I would never say anything like that about you. Then Kaitlyn and Hollie started cooing and telling him that not only could we not say that but no one could EVER say that about our Chase because we all love him so. So, needless to say, we made sure that we love him ever so much but I still felt so bad about it! I even asked him the next morning, "Chase you understand that we weren't talking about you, right?" He nodded his head and I added, "Chase, you know that I love you tons right?" I swear he couldv'e asked asked for the impossible and I would have done it so he would be sure he knew that I loved him! Talk about mother guilt!
I think we really need to change banks now!

P.S. I will download our tap performance soon! I know there is an audience waiting for it!

4 comments:

alison said...

uh oh, funny story!

Kelsey Marie said...

Oh my! Little Chasie is such a darling boy--I love him! That's quite a funny story! Good luck with those two papers and I'll be standing by waiting for that tap performance! Love you! :D

April said...

He's the sweetest boy! I hate those moments when you realize you've inadvertently hurt your child. I'm sure he'll always remember that lovey moment too.

b.liz said...

Welcome back to blogging. I've missed you...come to think of it, I've missed you in real life too!

Your little Chase is just the sweetest! And I love the post about your wonderful girls...they are really spectacular young women.