Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Allergy Tests-Do I really want to know what I am allergic to?

Ok, most of you know I have suffered from allergies all of my life. You get my sister s together and they end up talking about the horrors of having to sleep in the same room with me with my snoring and my hairy legs-but that is another post!
So, I finally got my allergies tested. Out of 30 pin pricks in my back, I am allergic to 13 things. I am NOT allergic to dust, dust mites or mold-which is good. But I am severely allergic to Olive trees! Who knew???? Also Walnut trees, Sycamore, Mulberry, Chinese Elm, Birch, Alder, English Plaintain (What is that?), Kochia, Pigweed, and Grasses-aren't you glad you know that now?
I also got my blood drawn for food allergies. I am mildly allegic to milk, melons and moderately allergic to PEANUTS!!! He wants me to get an epi pen!!!!!! I had no clue! When the doctor was talking to me about it, all I could think of was, "does this mean I can't eat peanut M&M's?" So, glad I didn't actually ask himm that. He wants me to stay away from all of those foods.

I broke the news to my kids while I was eating an ice cream cone full of Reese's peanut butter cup Ice Cream! We had a good laugh over that!!!!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

I've had that test too! My father and sister's are allergic to EVERYTHING!!! You name it - they are allergic to it! But me? Only Olive Trees!! I don't even know what an Olive Tree looks like!
Thanks for the chuckle!
Oh, and I think that when any allergy-linked food (like peanuts) is combined with chocolate - the allergy is non-existant...wait let me check...yep...non-existant! ;)

Unknown said...

come to africa, no peanut M&M's or any M&m's for that matter. haven't seen an olive tree or walnut tree or any of those other things either, except for the melons. So the answer to your allergies is Africa ( not milk either).
but love you allergies, scratchy legs and all.

b.liz said...

So, do they have allergy shots for your peanut allergy? I think I'd jump off a cliff if I couldn't have peanut butter and chocolate!

...mmmmm...Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream...

April said...

Oh man, I remember when you did that ages ago. Weren't you allergic to melons too? I think I'm allergic to some people. ;)