Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Election!!!!




No, no, no, I am NOT talking about the presidential election (even though I think Governor Pallin ROCKS!!!!) I am talking about Weston Elementary School's election where Hollie ran for Vice President and McKay ran for 6th grade Intermediate Commissioner. Unfortunately, they both lost-but ran a good campaign. Hollie wasn't as into it as in the past, she is so busy but McKay, oh my gosh-soooo into it! He had a committee and a campaign manager who made signs for him etc.

At first, McKay wanted his signs to say, "a vote for McKay is a vote for freedom!" I asked him, "freedom for what?" So these are some of his signs that his friends made. Unfortunately, they didn't know how to spell our last name!
He was running against a girl who is in the other 6th grade class. It became girl vs. boy, Mr. Rodrigue class against Mrs. Mora-it was intense. They polled everyone at each recess!
They voted last Friday but they didn't get the results until Tuesday because of labor day weekend. Steve called the school to see if the kids won and we were so sad to hear that they didn't. I said to Steve, "well, there is only one thing to do for them" and he said, "get ice cream after school?" I said, "YOu better believe it!" How does he read my mind????

1 comment:

alison said...

Yes, ice-cream with peanut butter!