Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Flapper Tapper!


Ok, these are the shoes that I strap onto my feet on Monday nights after FHE is done and the younger kids are in bed. Yes, I have started tap lessons!!!!
I take the lessons from my neice Erika and her two sisters-Hayley and Ashley are in the class too. I recruited my friend Jen Ivers to come and there is another girl named Donna who is taking. It is soooo much fun!
WHen I was younger, I took tap, ballet, jazz and gymnastics. I was horrible at gymnastics and ballet (graceful-me? I don't think so!) But I loved jazz and especially tap. So, I was so excited to take this class. I wanted to take the class last year but it was on Tuesday nights when Steve had YM and I was quite put out!
But I have to say it was quite a wake up call to take a tap lesson at 39 compared to when I was 12! Tapping with boobs and other rolls that I have accumalated by giving birth to 5 children make things....new.
I have just begged Erika to choose the costumes for the recital in the spring with care. I DO NOT want to look like a stuffed sausage! I will post the recital number on the blog-that will give you all something to laugh at for the day!!!!

4 comments:

Ally said...

you have got to bring your shoes for thanksgiving and give us a show!! i cant wait! love your background by the way!

kmb said...

Oh Celeste! You make me laugh so hard. I really want to go to your recital!

April said...

I want video! Honestly, when you posted that, it didn't surprise me. You're the kind of woman that is constantly evolving and I love you more for it! Does Steve have a thing for tappers?? ;)

buffymom 3 said...

I love you, sis. Buff