Thursday, July 10, 2008

What to do with a psycho cat?

Ok, many of you know that we have a pyscho cat who just had kittens (well 6 weeks ago). This is the cat that we all prayed would live after Chasie almost "tickled" it to death with foam coming out of her mouth etc.
This is also the cat who attacked Steve a couple weeks ago and he had to get a tetnus shot and put on antibiotics, was on crutches for a few days because he got "cat scratch fever" ! Who knew it was true-I always thought it was just a song!
SOOOOO, she has mellowed out a bit and we are trying to give away the kittens. Well, I am trying to give them away and the kids all cry.
Tonight, Maren went out to the garage and picked up a kitten (we have been doing it for 4 weeks now) and psycho cat attacked her. Scratches up and down her legs etc. SO, Steve and I say, "bye, bye psycho cat" and then McKay cries because, "I love her so much, it is the longest cat I have ever had!" Have I mentioned we haven't even had the cat for a year? The sad thing is, it is TRUE-it is the longest time he has ever had a cat. Not the best luck with cats-me running over one by accident and the other one we left with the neighbors to watch when we went on vacation, never to be heard of again. (pscyho kid across the street probably got to the poor cat!)

So, what is a parent to do? I am trying to comfort McKay and Kaitlyn is telling him to ditch psycho cat and keep one of the kittens-the one who is a boy so it won't turn INTO a psycho cat! My word, does EVERY female in our house have to suffer from PMS?
Steve is looking at McKay kind of funny and all I have to do is say "goat boy" and he feels a little more compassion towards McKay because Steve cried for DAYS and still hasn't gotten over when they had to put down his pet goat, Eleanor-which is a post for another day!

McKay and I made a deal, we would get rid of the kittens, get psycho fixed and if she still attacks people, she is out of here.
Of course, he is going on his first over night camping trip tomorrow, maybe psycho cat will magically "disappear" while he is gone! That happened to my grandma's cat when I stayed with her one summer and she peed all over my stuff-constantly! I accidently left the front door open and the cat got out and my family doesn't believe it was an accident-but it was!
Maybe I am the one who is unlucky with cats, or the gets are unlucky around me-by accident of course!

3 comments:

Kelsey Marie said...

Oh dang, Crazy cat! My cat is the laziest thing ever! He just sits under the chair and does nothing all day and all night. Haha! :) Well, just for you I updated my blog! I didnt realize I hadnt written in a while cuz I go on it everyday! But two new posts await you! See you sunday love!

alison said...

Get rid of that cat Celeste! That cat is trouble and it's not worth endangering your family over. It's not worth paying the money to get it fixed. I realize that I am not the one who has a son who is sad over the cat so this is easy for me to say. As soon as that cat attacked Steve I thought "get rid of that cat". Take McKay to get an ice-cream. Teach him how to comfort himself with food. It's really helped me all of my life!

April said...

Sweetheart... do I have to remind you of my cat; Daisy? Anti psycho kitty pills?