Friday, July 11, 2008

Grateful for Maren's perspective!


So, this past Wednesday was my last running class. We were to run the mile for the last time and the goal was to beat our time. It was soooo hot on Wednesday, over 110 and the air quality was horrible due to the fires.
Anywhoo, I picked up Maren from her friend Maci's house (the girl beside her in the picture) and I told Maren that I was going to drop her off at the house and then head to my running class.
Maren asked me, "Mom, are you a good runner?"
I said, "no, Maren, I'm not"
Maren, "well Mom, maybe running just isn't your talent. You need to find something that you are good at! What are you good at Mom?"
"I don't know Maren, what do you think I am good at?"
silence for a moment and then she answered, "I think you are good at being a mom!"
My heart about burst and I thought, I could totally screw up this run tonight and I would be just fine because my daughter thinks I am good at being a mom!
But, I cut off another 12 seconds-I think I cut off almost 3 minutes from the very first mile we did on the first day of class-I'll take it!

4 comments:

Kelsey Marie said...

That is so adorable! You are really great at being a mom! It shows in your five amazing children. <3 and a big congrats at cutting down your time more!!! That is so awesome!

alison said...

Good job on your time! It's moments like that with Maren that all the chaos of parenting is worth it!

b.liz said...

Great work, Celeste...you are a good runner and an excellent mom.

The Drinkwater Family said...

Hi Celeste! I saw your name on Beth's blog and checked to see if it was you. Of course your a great mom! You'd have to be to have such adorable kids!
~Krista
jkdrinkh2o.blogspot.com