Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mama Mia-Friday's Hot Date!!!


Steve and I decided to go on a "real" date on Friday which our kids call-"mom and dad's Hot Date". We went and picked up Hollie from cheer practice first and she announced to her squad, "oh, my mom and dad are out on their hot date!". Her friends asked, "what do they do on their hot dates?" to which Hollie said, "oh, go to Winco or Save Mart or Kaiser to pick up medicine"
So, as you can see it has been a while since we have gone out and I wanted to go see a movie. We thought about seeing the Dark Knight-not that we are big Batman fans but to see something and then I mentioned that Steve needed to see Mamma Mia so I could share it with him (I saw it the week before at my roommate reunion) He just rolled his eyes and groaned.
But when he printed out the tickets and handed it to me, they were for Mamma Mia! Steve said, "How could I refuse when you said you wanted to share it with me?" then he muttered that it started a 1/2 hour before any other movie.
As we were walking to our seats, Steve mentioned to me that he doesn't even really like ABBA songs! I just started laughing and said that it would be a LONG movie for him! As it started and the girl starts singing, he whispered to me, "this is love, remember this is love!" I leaned over and said, "this is payback for Dumb and Dumber!!!!" Over all, a great HOT DATE!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelsey Marie said...

Aww! Thats so sweet of Bro. H to do for you!!! :) My parents went out on a 'hot date' this weekend too! But they went for dinner. Have you guys not seen Dark Night?! I'm not into Batman at all but I went to see it with Tom and he proved me right--it was AWESOME! You have to see it soon!

The Burila Bunch said...

Can you have your hubby give mine some pointers!! That is quite the sacrifice, seeing dumb and dumber! Our hot dates are to Home Depot, or Wally world. I seem to pass up the real hot dates cuz I don't want to fly.