Friday, June 27, 2008

My brother Craig and my running coach

This is my cute brother Craig with his wife Amy and their daughter Elizabeth taken a few weeks ago when we went to the Giants vs. A's game-very fun and the garlic fries are to die for!

Anywhoo, I am taking a long distance running class with a friend to help get us prepared for the Ragnar Relay in a few weeks in Washington State. Why, you might ask am I doing it ? I ask myself that everytime I go to class-it is a killer and I am the oldest and slowest one in the class! My teacher is THE head coach of MJC-Demetrius Snaer and the lucky man gets to watch me huff and puff up and down the stairs and around the track. A girl in the class described him as a "cute Wesley Snipes" all I know is that he is very cool and laid back and is a great teacher.
This past week we got it out of him that he grew up in Manteca and went to East Union High School. I mentioned that my husband graduated from East Union. He asked what year and I said, "Oh, I am going to date myself, it was a long time ago." He then said, "no, tell me, what year?" I looked around and said, rather sheepishly, "1987" and this kid next to me gasped and said, "1987, I was BORN in 1987!!!" We all laughed and I said, "stop it, stop it right now!"

Then I remembered that my brother Craig graduated from East Union (I was on my mission and we had just moved there from Sunnyside, so I forget that they went to school in Manteca). I said, "I had a brother who graduated from EU, but you probably don't know him, his name is Bingham, Craig Bingham"
My teacher lit up and said, "I KNOW CRAIG BINGHAM, I GRADUATED WITH CRAIG BINGHAM!" He then went on about how great my brother was and what a great athlete he was in track and football etc. Everyone mentioned what a small world it was and he then turned and looked at me and said, "so, you are Craig Bingham's sister huh?" I said proudly, "yes, yes I AM!" Do you think I can play the nepotism card and get out of doing the 125 sit ups
?

No comments: