Monday, October 20, 2008

Chasie's first parent teacher conference!


I went to parent teacher conferences this past week. All the kids are doing really well this year and it was fun to visit with the teachers.
Chasie's kindergarten teacher is great and he loves going to school every day. One of her first comments were, "you can tell that Chasie is the baby of the family. Does he get the other kids to do things for him?" I had to admit that yes, everyone does EVERYTHING for him! She said that when they are working on stuff, usually Chase has other people doing it for him-cutting out things, drawing things etc. She usually just has to go over and ask, "what is going on here?" and Chase will give her a big smile and she reminds him that he needs to do his own work.
What a bunch of enablers we all are!!!!!
Another thing she mentioned is that Chase is a man of little words. I just about fell over in my chair! Do I actually have a QUIET child?????? This has never happened to me before! We will wait to see what she says by the end of the year when he feels more comfortable!

1 comment:

alison said...

LOL!!! I love it! That's the cutest picture of Chasie. Great post, I really did laugh out loud!