Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life Scout




McKay had quite an eventful day a couple of Sundays ago. He received his patriarchial blessing and also his Life Scout award at a court of honor. He is now ready to start his Eagle Project! McKay and I met with a man with Ripon City who has given other scouts their projects.


He would like McKay to paint all the handicapped parking places. He said it would be a tremendous help to the city because they don't have the money to pay for the people to do that.
It was so funny because McKay, who can talk your ear off (I know, Suprise, Suprise that I have a child who talks!) was soooo quiet because he was nervous! Steve was gone to his new job in Yuba City and told me earlier that they don't want the mother's to take over so I was afraid to say anything! Finally, after he explained the project etc. I turned and looked at McKay and asked, "how does that sound?" and McKay answered, "sounds like it is destined to be a success!" Well, what more can you hope for?




1 comment:

The Burila Bunch said...

I love that!! McKay will make it a success. Good luck McKay.