Sunday, August 23, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Last night, I crawled in bed with Chase to "tuck him in" and say prayers with him. He asked me what the big thing on my chin is (yes, I have Mt Fuji growing on my chin!). I told him it was a pimple and he said, "oh, I thought it was a zit!"
I then explained to him that a pimple is a zit and he asked me why I have it. I told him I don't know why I have it and I wished that I didn't and he asked, "why don't you pray not to have them anymore?" I looked at him blankly and said, "umm, I don't know why I haven't done that yet" and he said, "I will do it for you now?"
I feel like one of the children of Israel who was bitten by the fiery snakes and wouldn't look on the staff that Moses held up because it was too easy. Called to repentance by my youngest!

2 comments:

buffymom 3 said...

Sweet Chase. One of my primary kids asked me yesterday why I have flabby arms. Maybe I should pray that away too?

b.liz said...

That is so adorable! The other day Drew noticed I was a little stressed about Cupcake screaming her head off so he said, "Mom, let's say a prayer that Flora Kate goes to sleep!" I love the faith of our little ones.